Before you list your home for sale, run through this simple checklist!
- Driveway – Does it need repair? Is it clean?
- Roof – How old is it? What is the condition?
- Mailbox – Is it attractive?
- Front door – What stands out when you walk to the door? Would paint or a nice decoration/wreath enhance its beauty?
- Windows – Are they clean and crack free?
- Exterior paint – Do you see areas that need touch up?
- Garage door – How does it look? Is it operating smoothly?
- Front, side and back yard – Are there weeds that need pulling? Do you need some new flowers or fillers? Is the grass and landscaping neat and tidy?
- Your cars – Do you have a place you can take them for showings if they aren’t in great shape?
- Front entry – Is it inviting and free of clutter?
- Closets and rooms – How much can I remove? Remember that potential buyers need to be able to visualize the space as their own.
- Carpet – Does it need to be cleaned professionally? This is a relatively inexpensive way to make your home look and smell fresh.
- Door to garage – Is it clean and easily accessible? Is my garage clean and tidy?
- Interior paint – Are there places that need a touch up? Are there holes/marks that need patching or repair?
- Light bulbs – Do they all work? This is a quick fix.
- Furnace and air conditioner – Have I changed the filter recently? Do they need preemptive servicing or tune-up?
- Home aroma – Is it fresh and appealing? Use candles or air freshener, open windows, bake cookies